If you’re following us on social media, then you’ve probably noticed that we’re currently participating in Organic September, which is something that we’re all very passionate about. However, I know that many people have the views that eating healthy and organic food is extremely expensive. Yes, in some cases I guess that could be true.. but we wanted to show you that this doesn’t have to be the case all of the time. You can create simple, yet delicious and nutritious dishes for you and your family, that won’t require hours of work in the kitchen and use wholesome and affordable ingredients.
Pasta makes a great week night meal that you can just throw together in a pan and whip up something that the whole family can enjoy in under 20 minutes. This pasta arrabiata is filled with wonderfully rich flavours from the tomatoes, onions and garlic and is packed full of vegetable goodness. It’s also completely gluten free, as we’ve used Rizopia brown rice spaghetti- which my family all seem to love and don’t really notice that much different between that and wholewheat spaghetti. All of the pastas in this range are also organic and they offer a great range of products including lasagne and children pasta too!
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic- crushed
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 120 brown rice spaghetti
- 1 red bell pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Finely chop the red onion and sauté in a pan over a medium heat along with the crushed garlic until the onion starts to become translucent.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add these to the pan to cook with the onions and garlic.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the packet.
- Once the tomatoes start to release some of their juices, add splash of water and the tomato puree to the pan to create a sauce.
- Once your pasta is cooked, add this to the pan with your sauce and stir to coat all of the spaghetti. Season with salt and pepper and serve.