Travel and Holiday Tips
Last year we wrote a blog on what to take during your summer holidays or on your travels, to keep you and your family healthy. So do take a look at that again to remind yourself! This summer we’re just adding a few extra tips!
- A ‘Travel’ Essential Oil blend,- containing ginger, spearmint and other essential oils. This is great for easing nauseous feelings caused by motion. It can be inhaled straight from the bottle or from a tissue or added to a car diffuser.
- The homeopathic remedy ‘Travel Sickness’ – is a combination remedy used for motion sickness, that you can take every 10 mins or up to 4hrs, as required.
- The homeopathic remedy ‘Jet Lag’ – is a combination remedy used if you’re going on a long haul flight between time zones. You can take 1 at the beginning of the flight and then 1 every 3- 4 hours. On return from your journey take one at bedtime each night until you re –adjust.
- Citronella Essential Oil – helps to repel mosquitos and other insects and can be used in a diffuser or oil burner to help repel. Or if you’re on the go it can be diluted in a carrier oil such as coconut and applied to the skin, but not to damaged or sensitive skin.
- Lavender Essential Oil -in a rollerball is great for soothing insect bites, as it is pre-diluted so can be applied directly to the skin and is easy to take with you. Lavender helps soothe the affected area and bring down inflammation, whilst promoting the skins’ natural healing process.
- Uritcal cream -(apply topically) is very useful for itchy skin from insect bites. If getting bitten is a common occurrence, then you can also see a homeopath to address the underlying cause. We have a homeopath, with many years of experience, who comes to the shop once a month for consultations.
- Urtical cream (apply topically).
- Belladona – is a homeopathic remedy that many people find useful.
- Aloe Vera gel -helps cool and soothe the skin.
Fear of Flying
- Mimulus -is a Bach Flower Remedy that is often used for ‘known fears’.
- Aconite – is a homeopathic remedy often used for anxiety in general, including anxiety over flying.
- Lemon balm and Theanine – can be taken as a supplement. Both promote a feeling of calmness, without any drowsiness.
Bacteria and viruses on the flight
- Colloidal Silver – can be sprayed in the air around you!
We hope you have a lovely summer, whatever you’re doing!
I’m Alison and I’m a Nutritional Therapist. I love encouraging people to try healthy foods and to show them how simple, quick and easy it is to eat healthily. I’m a busy mum with 2 children, one of whom has a disability and special needs, so meals have to be easy! I love getting my veggie box each week, baking healthy treats and being out in the countryside.