Now we’re approaching the winter months, it’s a good time to support your immune system to keep you strong when sore throats, coughs and colds come along. We’ve already seen a lot of customers coming in with winter bugs, so with that in mind we’re offering everyone a FREE 15 minute Winter Wellness Check In, to help our customers stay healthy through the winter.If you’re currently fit and well, don’t wait until you come down with something, still book in and support your immune system now! Prevention is better than cure!
You can book in when you’re next in store or call the shop on 01737 223499.
In 15 minutes we can give you some on the spot advice that’s personal to your health. If, however, more in depth advice is needed, we may suggest you come back to see one of the team for a Nutritional Therapy consultation.
Reasons to support your immune system:
- You always pick up coughs and colds every year
- When you get a cough/cold you take a long time to recover from it
- You’ve had antibiotics recently or taken quite a lot over the years
- You have small children
- You work in an environment where you’re constantly exposed to bugs
- You are under a lot of stress
- You have a demanding work schedule that allows little or no time for rest
To get you started, try and include these foods in to your diet:
- Organic bone broth or chicken ‘broup’ (a soup from broth) – we sell these in the shop
- Fresh Garlic – crush and leave for 15 mins before adding to cooking or add to a dressing
- Fresh Ginger – slice and add to hot water to make a ginger tea
- A ‘rainbow’ of fruit and vegetables – we now sell organic frozen blueberries
I’m Alison and I’m a Nutritional Therapist. I love encouraging people to try healthy foods and to show them how simple, quick and easy it is to eat healthily. I’m a busy mum with 2 children, one of whom has a disability and special needs, so meals have to be easy! I love getting my veggie box each week, baking healthy treats and being out in the countryside.