This delicious homemade crumble is Alison’s favourite winter pudding recipe and is the perfect comforting dish for cold winter days. Serve hot or cold with coconut yoghurt for a healthy treat or try with creamy Oatly Creme Fraiche, Booja-Booja Vanilla ice-cream or Double Cream from the Coconut Collaborative.
All ingredients available in store – just add your own apples!
Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan (avoiding honey)
4 cooking apples
Granola (home-made or shop brought –choose a low sugar granola, ideally no dried fruit) – grind it up in a blender until crumb like (or keep it whole)
Coconut yoghurt -natural or vanilla flavour (or any yoghurt you like)
Optional – raw honey or cinnamon
• Take a large handful of blackberries out of freezer and leave in a bowl on side to defrost
• Peel and slice apples and cook gently in a little water in saucepan – about 10-15mins
• Add the blackberries near the end and heat through with the apple until all piping hot
• Add blackberry and apple mixture to a bowl
• Add granola as a ‘crumble’ topping
• Optional – drizzle honey over the top (or use cinnamon)
• Add a dollop of yoghurt
- I use homemade granola which is sugar free so adding cinnamon or a drizzle of honey is nice, especially for the children! However, if you’re using shop-bought granola that will probably be sweet enough without honey .
- Make stewed apple well in advance and keep some in fridge (or freezer) then you only need to re-heat it with blackberries and add the granola topping and yoghurt for quick pudding any day of the week.