Alison’s homemade granola is a delicious and nourishing way to start your day. Perfect served with yoghurt or plant milk, or enjoy as a topping to crumbles, bakes and desserts.
Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free
250g / 2 ½ cups gluten free porridge oats
60g /½ cup sunflower seeds
60g/ ½ cup pumpkin seeds
60g / ½ cup walnuts
60g / ½ cup pecans
60g / ½ cup flaked almonds
1 – 2 handfuls of coconut chips
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
¾ – 1 cup apple juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C (130 Fan)/gas mark 2
- Place all the dry ingredients (except coconut flakes) in a large bowl
- Mix melted coconut oil and apple juice together and add to the dry ingredients and stir well so everything is covered. Add a little water if need to, to form a moist mixture
- Spread the mixture on to a large baking or roasting tray and bake for 50 minutes until golden, stirring halfway through. If need to bake for longer.
- Add the coconut chips about 20mins before the end so they’re just golden
- Once cool store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.