A delicious warming soup, packed full of flavour. Perfect as a wholesome, filling lunch or light dinner.
Inspired by the New Covent Garden Soup Co.
Gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion
¾ tsp ground coriander
¾ tsp ground cumin
Pinch ground cloves
350g red lentils
1.2litres vegetable stock
400g Tinned tomatoes
20g fresh coriander leaves
Salt and pepper
- Heat oil and cook onion for 5 minutes in a covered saucepan without colouring.
- Add dried spices and cook for 5 minutes stirring.
- Add lentils and stock , cover and bring to the boil
- Simmer gently for 20 mins or more until lentils are tender
- Add tin tomatoes and cook another 10 mins, simmering.
- Cool a little then puree with fresh coriander leave.
- Serve with fresh coriander leaves as garnish