If you are a fan of delicious coconut covered in thick dark chocolate you will love these Bounty – esque bars made using just cupboard ingredients. Dairy free and completely vegan friendly.
You will need:
250g dessicated coconut or shredded
1 x 400g tin of coconut milk, or use coconut cream for a creamier version
2 tbsp of sweetener, I used brown rice syrup and a splosh of vanilla essence but you could use any syrup, or honey
Raw chocolate, you can either buy ready made (such as Ombar, or Conscious Chocolate) or make your own using our recipe! You need around 200g.
OPTIONALS: oat bran, ground almonds (I added both as the mix was looking a little wet!)
- Mix all your ingredients, excluding the chocolate either by hand or in a foodprocesser. You want to keep the mix quite bumpy for a proper Bounty experience!
- Once mixed, press the mix into a shallow baking tray, or the bottom of a cake tin.
- Freeze for around 30 minutes.
- Cut the solid mix into bar shapes or cubes.
- Melt the chocolate in a pan over boiling water.
- Remove from heat and stir until cooled and slightly thickened.
- You can dip the coconut blocks into the chocolate coating each side. Repeat if you like extra thick choc! Or, you can pour chocolate over them.
Set in the fridge for an hour or so then enjoy!